Lawyers in all practice areas will benefit from this introductory session on trauma informed lawyering.
The focus of the session will include:
- learning about trauma,
- defining trauma informed practice for lawyers,
- improving trauma informed client engagement skills,
- learning to practice cultural humility, and
- educating lawyers on resilience strategies to safeguard their mental health.
The session will be divided into four segments:
- identifying trauma and its impacts on the brain;
- strategies for bringing a trauma-informed approach in client interactions;
- cultural humility + recognizing Indigenous trauma as a foundation for trauma-informed
- identifying risk factors for vicarious trauma + vicarious resilience and safeguarding the
mental health of lawyers.
Presenter: Myrna McCallum, Miyo Pimatisiwin Legal Services, North Vancouver, BC
Listen to Myrna’s podcast, The Trauma Informed Lawyer, here:
Eligibility For CPD Hours:
This program may be reported for up to 2 hours of eligible CPD activity, and 2 hours of EPPM.
Video Webinar Registration Fees:
(includes any materials and 30 day access to the video recording of the program)
|$105.00 (plus GST) per person
||$52.50 (plus GST) per person