Central Bar CPD, Lunch & Golf Day
August 12, 2022 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon | Portage la Prairie
|9 a.m. – 12 noon||
CPD at the Portage Exhibition Building on Island Park
Lunch at the Portage Golf Club on Island Park
Golf at the Portage Golf Club on Island Park
Session 1: A Guide for the Notary – Not Just a Witness
Sharon Kravetsky, Q.C.
You probably notarize documents. But are you sure you are following the proper procedure? It’s more than just signing your name.
Learn about what you should be doing, special jurats, what to do when documents will be used outside of Canada… and when not to notarize!
Session 2: For Lawyers… Supports, Resources and Services
Practicing law can be complicated and even overwhelming some days…especially these last few years.
Do you know who to call or where to look for answers, supports and resources? You are not alone!
Many lawyers don’t realize how much assistance is available to them.
This session is dedicated exclusively to connecting you to the people and resources that are here to support you in your practice.
Law society staff will answer questions we have heard from lawyers just like you such as:
- I’m not sure if I am in a conflict situation, is there someone I can ask?
- It’s tough to stay on top of the volume of work. Are there supports to help improve my workflow?
- I know my colleague is feeling burnt out. What’s out there for them?
- Complaints are so stressful. How can I avoid them? Once a complaint is made what happens? What can I do in response?
- I think I may have made a mistake on a file and I’m not sure what to do about it.
Leah Kosokowsky, CEO
Darcia Senft, Policy & Ethics
Noelia Bernardo, Complaints Resolution
Jim Cox, Professional Liability Claims Fund
Eileen Derksen, CPD and Health & Wellness
We look forward to connecting with you in person and hearing what other questions you have.
Registration fee is $85… Pay for the cost of 1 hour and get 3 including 2.5 hours of EPPM!